Thursday, February 5, 2009

What great night lads

Thanks so much for all your hard work Paul and Johnny V.

5 comments:

John Vivant said...

No prob, Stevie. It was a real pleasure. It was an especial pleasure to share the "win" - in picking Paul's Chateau Montelena - with Cristal Chambers. Let me see here...I'm checking our tasting notes and...good God...Pinot had it at 6. I didn't notice this last night. Fall on thy corkscrew Pinot!

The PM said...

Sounds like fun, and I am looking forward to seeing the results. So sorry to have missed it. PM

Pinot Paul said...

Fall on my corkscrew? For ranking a piece of crap USA wine a #6? Hah!

Great time boys, although the conversation has left me very sexually confused, and more intrigued than ever by Steve's tits. Nothing like a tasting to bring out the best in men I say.

I guess I like Malbecs now. Who knew!

Chris Paterson said...

Lads - I don't know if you get the Star on Saturdays, but in this week's edition is a LCBO published advert-informational on Red Wine 101. Approaches red wine on the basis of a continuum from light to full bodied. I didn't know that Valpo was considered light bodied... I found it helpful... for most of you probably common knowledge, but perhaps worth looking at nonetheless

Chris Paterson said...

Btw ... if we're thinking Italian for next time, I had these over Christmas and they were amazing!

Sagramoso
Ripasso
Valpolicella
2006
Pasqua

Villa Antinori
Toscana
2005
Antinori